New season, new gear. With the new NBA season just around the corner, Nike recently unveiled its official jerseys to the world with its NikeConnect feature. So what is NikeConnect? Learn more and get closer to the game even more. The NikeConnect NBA Jerseys are available now at Titan and the NBA Store for P3,595.
Last month, Nike introduced the Nike NBA Jersey with NikeConnect – an unlock to real-time, personalized experiences activated through the combination of the jersey, a smartphone and the NikeConnect app.
This innovative marriage of apparel and digital technology gives NikePlus members and NBA fans access to incredible product, customized content and exclusive experiences through the NikeConnect logo on their jersey’s jock tag.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO USING NIKECONNECT:
2. DOWNLOAD THE NIKECONNECT APP, available for iOS 11 and Android (iPhone 7 or newer; Android devices with NFC capability) globally.
3. LAUNCH THE NIKECONNECT APP on your smartphone.
4. TAP YOUR SMARTPHONE on the tag at the bottom of your Nike NBA Jersey, where a special NFC chip is located under the NikeConnect logo. The experience will launch automatically on your smartphone.
5. SIGN IN WITH YOUR NIKEPLUS ACCOUNT. A celebration page appears with your athlete jersey; you are now connected. Tap in any time to unlock team and player content such as pre-game arrival footage and highlight packages. Tap in on game day to get additional access to exclusive offers.
6. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENTER THE CENTRAL “TEAM” tab of the app. It has a status bar with either a pre-game countdown to tip-off, an in-game score or a post-game final score. Other information provided includes where and when your team is playing next, plus stats about your player.
Beneath that bar is the “Team” feed, which is a combination of performance and off-court highlights, including recap videos and GIFs, related to your jersey’s player and team. Fans can tap in to this content for greater detail or tap and hold to share externally with friends online.
7. THE LEFT SIDE OF THE EXPERIENCE HAS AN “OFFERS” TAB. Clicking on this tab reveals game day offers at the top of the screen that are available immediately. Beneath that, you’ll see “Upcoming Rewards” for future game days. Offers include exclusive licensed product, NBA 2K18 boosts, tickets to games, Spotify playlists from athletes and other to-be-announced experiences. (In China, NBA 2K18 and Spotify are replaced by 2K Online and QQ Music, respectively.)
8. THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE APP HAS A “JERSEY” TAB, which shows your history of tap-ins and rewards with that particular Nike NBA Connected jersey.
In the end, the Nike NBA Connected Jersey experience, as unlocked by NikeConnect technology, represents the first time that premium NBA content can be accessed through interaction with apparel.
The NikeConnect app is available for both Android and iOS 11 (iPhone 7 or newer; Android devices with NFC capability) globally.